Introducing Robin Bartlett
Robin Bartlett takes you back 50 years to a ‘boots on the ground’ account of his extraordinary combat experiences as a 22-year-old 1st Lieutenant with the 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile). As a combat infantry platoon leader, he deployed a 32-man platoon on search and destroy missions and helicopter assaults into hot landing zones at the height of the Vietnam War.
Bartlett’s vivid combat events are brought to light in a fast-moving presentation expressing the horror, fear, anguish, and sometimes illogical humor of that war. He brings to light the long-term impact, both positive and negative, on his home life and business career…. with insights about leadership, courage, PTSD, and life lessons learned. These are stories that will stay with your listeners long past the end of his presentation.
Robin gives keynote addresses, talks, and podcasts with photographs and illustrations for the following audiences:
- Veteran recognition: Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Vietnam Veterans Day
- Veteran Groups
- Civic Groups
- Military Families
- Vietnam War & Military History Buffs
- High School and College Courses
- Personal perspectives and lessons learned from the Vietnam war after 50+ years from a ‘boots on the ground’ point of view.
- Leadership: what it means to be a “grunt” (infantryman) and the challenges of leading young men in combat.
- Firefights, fear, and courage: the experience of facing life and death situations and courage under fire.
- The Army’s Airmobile battle concept and making helicopter combat assaults with the 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile).
- Dealing with and surviving PTSD, Agent Orange, and adjustment to civilian life after combat.
- The aftermath of the Vietnam War: Demining Vietnam, Honor Flights, Gold Star Mothers, Sons & Daughters in Touch, and other humanitarian nonprofits.
- Why the words “Welcome Home” are such an important greeting for Vietnam Veterans and comparisons to other wars.
Podcasts & Speaking Engagements
March 4: Presentation to NJ Mensa Snowball Conference “Leadership, Decision Making and Courage. (In-person)
Echoes of the Vietnam War: Humping the Boonies, Robin talks about the realities of the Vietnam War with host Michael Croan. (Podcast)
Vietnam Combat 50 Years Later, Lean to the Left with Bob Gatty. (Podcast)
The Vietnam War and What You Won’t Learn in the History Books, Locker Room for Growth with Debbie Elicksen (Podcast)
Lessons Learned on Leadership, Decision Making and Courage From a Combat Infantry Platoon Leader in Vietnam, The Price of Business Digital Network – Thought Leader Series. (Audio)
November 11 – St. John’s University, Keynote Speaker, Veterans Day Celebration. (In-person)
Booking Robin Bartlett
To schedule Robin to speak to your group, organization, conference, podcast or to learn more about Robin and his story, please contact us at Robin@RobinBartlettAuthor.com or visit the author contact page.